Sunday, December 17, 2017

The King and I

FIDE President Kirsan Nikolayevich Ilyumzhinov promptly bounced back up and ran back to the centre stage: “I will run for President even if Dvorkovich will be the Russian Chess Federation’s candidate”, he told the online sports site Championat.com.
“I like to be the President of FIDE, so I will run over again. On July 21, I met with Russian President Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin and he approved my nomination, so I travelled around the country and visited about 30 states”, he said. “Of course, I will run for President even if Dvorkovich will be a candidate. I’m doing my campaign. Very recently I flew to Afghanistan, we opened a chess school in Kabul, then we’ll open an academy”, Ilyumzhinov said, quoting R-Sport.

From left: FIDE President Kirsan Nikolayevich Ilyumzhinov and Russian President Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin. Photo: RIA Novosti.

No comments: