Monday, September 19, 2016

Ask someone else

From second left to right: 钟天使 (Zhōng Tiānshǐ), 吴敏霞 (Wú Mǐnxiá), and 黃雪辰 (Huáng Xuěchén). Photo: sports.eastday.com.

On the evening of September 18, 2016, a delegation of 上海 (Shànghăi)’s Olympic athletes, including 徐莉佳 (Xú Lìjiā), 钟天使 (Zhōng Tiānshǐ), 黃雪辰 (Huáng Xuěchén), 曹忠荣 (Cáo Zhōngróng), and Olympic Goddess 吴敏霞 (Wú Mǐnxiá) participated in a TED conference ("人生赛道" – “Pathway of Life”) staged at the 上海 (Shànghǎi) Children’s Art Theatre, where they shared their past glory and their current and future life plans with the varied audiences attending the lecture.
Speaking about her future, 吴敏霞 (Wú Mǐnxiá) expressed her need to have a deeper knowledge and understanding of the physical and metaphorical world around her, since so far her life has been focused on diving solely. She also answered – quite exceptionally – questions on her private life: “When will I get married? Well, don’t ask me, I don’t know, ask someone else [laughs]. It’s up to him to say it, he is the boy. As for myself, I am the girl and I won’t be too apprehensive”.

No comments: